All submitted technical abstracts will be reviewed by the World Utilities Congress 2022 Technical Committee.
Early submission is important to ensure the Committee members have ample time to review the abstracts.
Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their abstracts online at: www.worldutilitiescongress.com/cfp
- Abstracts should be no more than 500 words and should be written in English. Any entry submitted in a different language will not be considered
- You are welcome to include additional information, such as illustrations, graphs or tables, as attachments
- Please do not submit the same abstract more than once. If you believe your abstract is relevant to multiple categories, please select one that is the best fit
- One person can submit multiple abstracts within the same category or across multiple categories. However, please do not submit the same or slightly modified abstracts multiple times, as they will be deleted
- Prior to abstract submissions – management clearance must be obtained. Any issues concerning clearance should be outlined when the abstract is submitted
- If you have presented your abstract previously, you can still submit but you will need to provide details of when and where it was presented before
Your abstract should contain adequate information for review by the Technical Committee including:
- Description: summarise the scope and nature of the work on which the abstract is based, e.g. project description, why it was undertaken, data description, the technology used, etc.
- Applications: describe the possible application of the information provided in the abstract
- Results and conclusions: summarise the results and major conclusions to be presented, explain how these differ from previous work on the same subject
- Technical contributions: describe the significance of the subject matter in the abstract by listing technical contributions or additions to the technical knowledge relevant to the power and water industry
Your abstracts will be evaluated by the Technical Committee members according to the following grading criteria:
- Quality – the quality of the technical information provided. Data in the abstract must be correct in terms of technical applications
- Impact – what industry or organisational impact does your work have? Please include relevant results and/or case studies
- Novelty – your abstract should demonstrate innovation and originality, and contain significant new knowledge, technical results or experience
- Interest & relevance – how relevant is your submission to the current state of the power and water industry? How interesting is the subject matter to the World Utilities Congress audience and the industry overall? Will it grab their attention?
There is a choice of 18 different technical categories, all of which have multiple subcategories. Please have a thorough read through all of them, and select one category that describes your abstract best. Please do not submit the same abstract more than once, as duplicates will be deleted.
Your abstract should not use language that is commercial in tone in the title, text or slides. The use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Technical Committee and may result in exclusion from the evaluation process.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS
- You will be notified in January 2022 if your abstract has been accepted. All authors who submitted their abstracts will receive an email stating if their abstracts have been accepted or not
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to prepare PowerPoint presentations, detailed instructions on the preparation will be sent to all authors once acceptance to speak has been received
- World Utilities Congress does not require authors to submit their technical papers, as we do not publish these
- All the presenters will receive complimentary access to all three days of the Technical Conference. However, all the co-authors are required to purchase a pass if they would like to attend
- The organiser assumes no obligation for expenses by authors for travel and accommodation to attend and speak at the event