The India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) is a Think-Tank of global repute on Smart Energy, Electric Mobility and Smart Cities. ISGF, established as a Public Private Partnership initiative of Government of India in 2011, is spearheading the mission to accelerate electric grid modernization and energy transition in India. ISGF is registered as a Not for Profit Society under Indian Societies Act and have its registered office at CBIP Building, Malcha Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021.
The main objectives of ISGF are:
- To conduct research and studies on evolving technologies related to energy transition, smart cities and electric mobility relevant in the Indian context through case studies, cost-benefit analysis and other ancillary activities and to accelerate the electric grid modernization and integration of renewable energy and electric vehicles with the grid in an efficient, cost effective, innovative and scalable manner by bringing together all key stakeholders and enabling technologies.
- To bring together experts from policy, regulation, academia and the industry to formulate and support enabling policies, standards and regulations to develop platform for public and private stakeholder members, research institutions and power utilities to exchange ideas and information on energy transition and develop use case scenarios for India.
ISGF works with government institutions such as NITI Aayog, CEA, CPRI, CERC, NSGM and NCIIPC; ministries such as MoP, MNRE, DoT, MoUD, MoHI etc and other stakeholders like state governments, electric utilities and electricity regulatory commissions. ISGF has over 170 members comprising of ministries, government institutions, utilities, technology providers, academia and research. Representatives from ISGF member organisations work closely as part of the 8 working groups of ISGF focused on different aspects such as:
- WG1: Grid Modernization and Smart Cities
- WG2: IoT, Smart Metering, AI and Analytics
- WG3: Digital Architecture and Cyber Security
- WG4: Policy, Regulations and Business Models
- WG5: Renewables and Microgrids
- WG6: Flexibility and Electric Mobility
- WG7: Smart Gas
- WG8: Smart Water
Since inception, ISGF has been driving the programs for digitalization of utilities and is actively involved in training and capacity building and various advisory and research activities in the areas of renewable energy, smart grids, energy storage, electric vehicles, smart cities; and latest technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and robotics. ISGF has provided advisory services including capacity building and training programs to several utilities and regulatory bodies in India and overseas.
For more information, visit: https://indiasmartgrid.org/